Wednesday 8 May 2013

My Perfect Excuse!

Hey beautiful, so I realise that a may have been neglecting my little fledgeling of a blog just a tad recently. Well, I know what you're thinking... She's going to come up with some lame excuse like she's had a monster cold or she's been too busy collecting rocks and sipping tequila- well no, this time I do have a pretty, perfect excuse!

So... You guys may or may not know I am studying fashion and textiles for GCSE and due to serious illness I had a lot of catching up to do to get all my coursework done AND make a dress before the deadline put in place by the exam board. Well, it wasn't easy and I had to use a lot of will-power, late nights and determination to get me through it all but it's done! Every single last research, analysis and evaluation piece is finito and so is my dress and I have to say though it was a struggle and I was pushed for time I have thoroughly enjoyed the process and can't wait until I start my A-levels- Hopefully leading to  me getting out there and doing it in the real world! However, that's a looooong time from now!

Anyway, as I have been neglecting all you beautiful girls and boys I thought it was only fair if you decide if my selfish neglect was worth it!

My dress is inspired by the Parisian culture- mostly the Moulin Rouge and the hand embroidery is inspired by the structure of the Eiffel Tower! So tell me what you think of - 'Fierce French Maiden'!

The original Final Design
...and after a long process or researching further, adjusting and modifying



THE FINAL PRODUCT  ♥†

Back view




The hand embroidery ♥



So as you can see I decided to have a theme to my photo  shoot, where I was a high way woman, with a (FAKE) gun! If I'm totally honest this was my least favourite part- I love setting up photo shoots and the make up and all that jazz but I prefer to be behind the camera! Tomorrow I have to walk this dress down the catwalk for our school fashion show and I'm bricking it! :S

Sooo... That is that I guess! As I said I thoroughly loved the entire process, especially the bit where I got to draw out all my designs and ideas!

Let me know what you think!

Love you all!
Lulu ♥†



No comments:

Post a Comment